Save this recipe for later?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark this page or save it to Pinterest.
Pasta with Tuna Carbonara
This tuna carbonara pasta, not only tastes delicious but is a great easy go-to recipe which can be made with ingredients many of us usually have in the larder.
- 400 g chitarrini pasta or any pasta of your choice
- 200 g tuna fillet or normal canned tuna
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 eggs
- salt for pasta water and to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Boil a pan of salted water and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While the water is boiling and the pasta is cooking, beat the eggs with the Parmesan cheese and a little ground pepper in a bowl.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and cook the peeled garlic cloves until they brown.Add the tuna fillet broken into small pieces and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove the garlic cloves.
- When the pasta is ready, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Add the drained pasta to the tuna, mix well and then lower the heat and add the egg mixture. Cook while continuously stirring for 2 minutes.
- If the sauce is too dry, add a little at a time of the pasta cooking water and mix until you get a creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated pepper, chopped parsley (optional), and more grated Parmesan.
For a thicker and richer sauce you can use 3 egg yolks instead of 2 eggs.
Pin for Later
Pages: Page 1 Page 2