Senatore Cappelli organic whole wheat pasta with Nduja and mushrooms.
This delicious combination of organic whole wheat pasta with nduja and mushrooms is so flavourful that you'll be wanting to make it time and again.
- 400 g organic whole wheat pasta (14oz) such as fusili, fusilloni, penne etc
- 500 g mixed mushrooms (1lb) such as champignon, pioppini, button mushrooms etc
- 300 g cherry tomatoes (10oz) washed
- 3-4 tbsp tomato passata
- 100 g nduja (3.5oz)
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- salt for pasta and to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g pecorino cheese (2oz) grated (optional)
- 1 handful fresh parsley (optional)
- Peel the garlic, peel and finely chop the onions, wash the cherry tomatoes, clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan or skillet. Add the garlic cloves and fry until they until they start to soften.
- Add the chopped onion and cook until it starts to become translucent.
- Add the cleaned mushrooms (cut into thin slices or quarters) and cook over a medium-high heat, turning often, until the mushrooms have also softened.
- Add the white wine, let it evaporate and then add the nduja, stir it into the mushrooms until it melts, then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Continue cooking until the tomatoes start to soften then add the tomato passata.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer on a low heat for about another 10-15 minutes. If the sauce seems too thick you can add some water or vegetable stock.
- Put a pan of water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt once it starts to boil and bring to the boil again.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet. When it’s ready, save a cup of the cooking water and drain.
- If the sauce seems dry, add some of the saved pasta cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan with the sauce, mix well and serve immediately with grated pecorino cheese and chopped parsley as required.
This recipe can be made with different types of pasta both whole wheat and normal. I would recommend short pasta such as fusilli, fusilloni, penne, rigatoni etc You can also use a different combination of mushrooms including porcini.
Pages: Page 1 Page 2