Tagliatelle pasta muffin nestsJacqui
A delicious and unusual way to serve pasta that is great as a snack or party food!
5 from 4 votes
For the sauce
- 200 g tomato pulp or passata
- 8 cherry tomatoes (cut in half) I like to use fresh tomatoes as well but you can just use pulp or passata
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- ½ fresh red chili pepper (peperoncino) cleaned of seeds and finely chopped
- 30 g green olives chopped ( I used taggiasche)
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the egg mixture
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml cooking cream (thick double cream)
- 30 g Pecorino cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
For the pasta muffin nests
- 400 g tagliatelle I used fresh from Giovanni Rana
- 125 g mozzarella 1 ball
- butter for the muffin molds
- salt for pasta and to taste
Make the sauce
- Heat 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan or skillet and add the chopped onion and chopped peperoncino.
- When the onion has softened add the tomato passata, cherry tomatoes and olives. Salt to taste and continue cooking for about 15 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until the cherry tomatoes have broken down.
Cook the pasta
- Put a saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt once it starts to boil and bring to the boil again. Add a tablespoon of oil to prevent the pasta sticking together and cook the pasta very al dente according to the instructions on the packet. Fresh tagliatelle only needs about 1 minute to cook so you literally only need to blanch it!
- Drain the pasta well and put it in the pan with the tomato sauce, mix the pasta and sauce carefully together and keep aside in a warm place.
Make the egg mixture
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them lightly with a pinch of salt; add the cream, grated pecorino cheese and chives. Mix all the ingredients together.
Finish the muffin nests
- Butter the bottom and sides of each mold in a 12 muffin tin and fill them with the tagliatelle and sauce. Pour some of the egg and cream mixture onto each muffin nest and lightly tap the tin on a work surface to make the contents settle. Complete with a couple of diced mozzarella pieces on top of each muffin nest.
- Place the tin in a preheated oven at 180 ° and cook for about 20 minutes, or until a light golden crust has formed on the nests. Remove the tin from the oven, let it cool slightly then extract the nests and serve sprinkle with a few more chives and some fresh basil. (you can also serve with a sprinkling of peperoncino flakes).
Prevent your screen from going dark
You can be creative with these pasta muffin nests and use different sauces such as bolognese. You can also use spaghetti instead of tagliatelle!
Calories: 780kcalCarbohydrates: 82gProtein: 30gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 497mgPotassium: 683mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1336IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 331mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pages: Page 1 Page 2