Fettuccine with giant prawns and cherry tomatoesJacqui
This wonderful seafood pasta recipe is divinely delicious and very easy to make.
5 from 5 votes
- 400 g fettuccine pasta (I used Rummo)
For the tomato sauce
- 500 g cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
For the giant prawns
- 700 g giant prawns (unpeeled) You can use fresh or frozen
- 1 glass white wine
- 2-3 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Make the tomato sauce
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half. Peel and chop the garlic
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan or skillet and add the chopped garlic Once it starts to soften, add the tomatoes and the thyme. Simmer until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add some chopped parsley and remove from the heat
Cook the prawns.
- Wash the prawns and remove the heads.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and fry until it starts to soften. Then add the prawns and fry them until the shells start to brown (5 mins). Pour in the white wine and turn up the heat and continue cooking until the alcohol has evaporated (another max 5 mins). Stir every now and again.
- Turn off the heat and remove the prawns from the pan with a slotted spoon. Keep the cooking juices. Once they have cooled enough to handle, remove the shells from the prawns and devein if necessary (remove the black line that runs down the back of the prawn)
- Cut the peeled prawns into 2-3 pieces. You may want to keep one prawn whole for each plate. (It looks nice!) Add the prawn pieces to the tomato sauce with a little of the prawn cooking juices. Stir and heat through.
Cook the pasta and finish the dish
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Add salt once it starts to boil and bring to the boil again. (You can get this started while the prawns are cooking)
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet. When the pasta is ready, save a little of the cooking water and drain. Add the pasta to the pan with the prawns and tomatoes. If the sauce seems dry add some of the pasta cooking water. Stir everything together well.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and a pinch of peperoncino flakes if required. (I like adding chili but not everybody does)
Prevent your screen from going dark
We made this dish with fettuccine but you can use just about any pasta of your choice!
Calories: 694kcalCarbohydrates: 83gProtein: 38gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 1049mgPotassium: 737mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1145IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 146mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pin for Later
Pages: Page 1 Page 2